Learn more about Stopain® Clinical products by reviewing these Frequently Asked Questions. If you need additional information, or would like submit an inquiry, we welcome you to Contact Us.
How does Stopain Clinical compare to Biofreeze?
Stopain Clinical and Biofreeze are similar in that both utilize Menthol as the active ingredient for topical pain relief. One of the key differences is that Stopain Clinical is 10% Menthol which is twice the amount of Biofreeze Professional Gel and Roll On (The retail version of Biofreeze gel and roll-on contains only 4% menthol).
How often can I apply Stopain Clinical?
It is not recommended to apply Stopain® Clinical Gel, Roll-On or Spray - or Stopain® Clinical Migraine & Headache more that four (4) times per day.
What types of pain does Stopain Clinical relieve?
Stopain® Clinical's fast-acting formula delivers fast, temporary relief from minor muscle and joint aches and pains associated with:
When should I use Stopain Clinical Roll-On instead of Gel or Spray?
Stopain Clinical Roll-On provides hands-free application and the roller ball applicator provides a light massage while the user applies the pain relieving gel to the pain site. Great for common conditions like foot pain and plantar fasciitis, trigger point relief, neck pain and other areas where applying pressure while rolling-on the topical anagesic would provide additional relief.
NOTE: The Roll-On is typically used by one individual and not shared as the applicator comes in contact with the user. The Spray and Gel Tube are better for sharing amongst teams or groups.
When should I use Stopain Clinical Spray instead of Gel or Roll-On?
The Stopain Clinical Continuous Spray is a hands-free application ideal for hard to reach spots with no need to rub or massage the product into the skin. It is great for lower back pain and sore feet and ankles. It works everywhere the gel and roll on is used so it truly comes down to the user’s needs and preference.
NOTE: Stopain Clinical 360˚ Continuous Spray is perfect for settings with multiple users i.e. a soccer team, athletic training room, and other scenarios where there may be concerns with individuals using the same applicator (like sharing a Roll-On bottle).
Where can I purchase Stopain Clinical products?
Stopain® Clinical and Stopain® Clinical Migraine & Headache are available exclusively from Healthcare Professionals like your Chiropractor, Physical Therapist, Massage Therapist, Athletic Trainer and more. Purchase Stopain® Clinical products to use at home after your scheduled in-clinic sessions, or just stop by and purchase at the front desk with no appointment necessary. To find a clinic near you that carries our products, use the Clinic Locator, or Contact Us to inquire.
Stopain® Clinical product are NOT available online or at traditional retail locations.
Does Stopain Clinical contain NSAIDs or Opioids?
Stopain Clinical DOES NOT contain NSAID’s and it is not an opiate. Stopain Clinical utilizes the proven benefits of Menthol for topical pain relief. Stopain Clinical is truly a safer alternative to NSAID’s and Opioids and can be applied topically up to 4 times per day.
How Does a Topical Solution (with Menthol) Provide Pain Relief?
Topical pain solutions that utilize Menthol like Stopain Clinical relieve pain through a method known as “Gate Control Theory”. Menthol stimulates specific sensory receptors in the skin known as TRPM8 cold receptors, thereby blocking other receptors from sending pain signals to the brain.
Where can I purchase Stopain Clinical to use and sell at my clinic?
Stopain Clinical products are available from these approved distributors:
- Advanced Rehabilitation Systems | 1.800.998.3383
- Alert Services | 1.800.688.2767
- Bryanne Enterprises | 1.877.279-2663
- Chiro1Source | 1.866.318.3251
- Collins Sports Medicine | 1-800-886-2825
- Henry Schein | 1.800.772.4346
- H.J. & Associates | 1.800.253.9253
- Hockert Sales | 1.800.451.5739
- Integrated Medical | 1.800.333.7617
- i-Rep Therapy Products | 1.800.828.0852
- JMS Med Supply | 1.855.700.5960
- Lighthouse Medical Equipment | 772.577.6296
- Massage Warehouse | 1.888.918.2253
- MedCor Professionals | 207.222.2828
- Medco Sports Medicine | 1-800-556-3326
- MedSouth | 1.877.632.9729
- MeyerDC | 1.800.472.4221
- MeyerPT | 1.866.528.2144
- North Coast Medical & Rehabilitation Products | 1-800-821-9319
- Orthopedic Outfitters | 1-877-939-0344
- Performance Health | 1-800-323-5547
- Scomed Medical Equipment & Supplies | 1-800-373-4470
- Scrip Hessco | 1-800-747-3488
- Southern X-Ray | 731-613-2553
- Spine Align | 1-800-655-5976
- Superior Medical Equipment | 1-800-538-4675
- TENSnet | 1-877-341-8367
- The Spa Mart | 1-877-281-1772
- TruMedical | 1-877-882-7844
- WebPT | 1-866-221-1870
- York X-Ray | 1-800-334-6427